An important focus area for the department of Pharmaceuticals is promotion of Indian pharma exports. The Department participated in the following International Cooperation events during 2010-11:-
- Participation in the 7th India-US High Technology Cooperation Group Meeting held in Washington,in March 2010.
- Participation in the AdvaMed MedTech Conference held in October 2010 in Washington DC and participation as Co-Chair in the US-India High Technology Cooperation Group, Biotechnology and Life Sciences Working Group Meeting held in October 2010 in Washington DC.
- Organization of India Pharma Summit 2010 which was held in Mumbai on 30 November 2010.
The Department of Pharmaceuticals also provided financial assistance for the following activities/events for promotion and development of the Pharma sector:
- Organization of a meeting in Mumbai for facilitating Pharma Small Scale Industries (SSI) units in Maharashtra to avail
Credit Linked Capital Subsidy Scheme
(CLCSS) for Schedule ‘M' compliance.
- Organization of a meeting at Hyderabad for facilitating Pharma SSI units in Andhra Pradesh to avail CLCSS for Schedule 'M' compliance.
- Organization of National Convention on Bio-Pharma.
- Study on Pharma Industry by Institute of Economic Growth.
- Pre-feasibility study on development of a Greenfield Project for Medical Devices Cluster in Gujarat and a Brownfield Project for Bulk Drugs cluster in Andhra Pradesh.
- Financial Assistance to Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) for Lay-out and designing of Information Brochure to be sent to Indian High Commissions for promoting Pharma Brand India .
Major Pharmaceutical Public Sector
- Indian Drugs & Pharmaceuticals Limited (IDPL)
- Hindustan Antibiotics Limited (HAL)
- Bengal Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals Limited (BCPL)
- Rajasthan Drugs and Pharmaceuticals Ltd. (RDPL)
- Karnataka Antibiotics & Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Major Pharmaceuticals Industries
- Aurobindo Pharma Ltd
- Aventis Pharma Ltd
- Cadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd
- Cipla Ltd
- Dabur Pharma Ltd
- Dey's Medical Stores Mfg. Ltd
- Dr. Reddy's Laboratories Ltd
- Elder Pharmaceuticals Ltd
- Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd
- Glaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd
- Lupin Ltd
- Merck Ltd, India
- Piramal Health Care
- Novartis India
- Pfizer Ltd
- Ranbaxy Laboratories Ltd
- Wockhardt Limited
- Wyeth Laboratories Ltd
Pharmaceuticals Policy, 2006 (.pdf)
Useful Web links